Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Designer Diplomacy

The curtain rises.

The headline and photos on the front page interview of a reputed national daily catches our psychopath reader's attention.

Tete-a-Tete With Designer Darling HRK

Reporter: Ms Hina, Welcome to India! Thanks for taking out your precious time to talk to us. How do you find our country?
HRK: It feel good!
R: Visiting Hurriyat leadership was high on your agenda, how did the meeting go?
HRK: Oh, family reunions are always fun and nostalgia, wish I visit Kashmir, they told it is very beautiful; India obsessed with beauty, that's why want to control.
R: M'am, you are the first politician to trend on twitter for your style statement, what is your reaction to our people's reaction to you?
HRK: I very happy, they are notice, I put in so much of efforts.
R: Can you please give details your efforts, I am sure our politicians would be happy to follow. Till now, many of them don saris worth a few lakhs every day, but no one seems to notice!
HRK: It is different, my other leaders threaten and bargain with big brothers to get some allowances and we given some. Don't you say better spend on pearls than grenades! And you know, my grandmother opened best secret to me, pearls, clothes and bags are contrasted, don't coordinated.
R: Well said M'am. You reminded us of Maharani Gayatri Devi who was discussed for her style statement. During an interview, she had also disclosed that the most important teaching of her grandmother was that never wear emeralds with green sari because they look much better with a pink sari. There is so much of similarity between the people of these two countries! And look at the similarity in names, we are proud of SRK, Pakistan is proud of HRK.
HRK: You talk about him, I hear he is production house owner. Do you think I can contact him for a Bollywood film, I hear it is lot of moneys.
R: Given your popularity, I am sure he will become the richest producer if he gets an opportunity to cast you. Your message would be duly passed on to him.
HRK: I want to be heroine, but no one in my family gone to college, only I gone, they made rule only college educated fight elections and I had to fight to save our family wealth.
R: Wish India could learn at least this from Pakistan, only college educated fight elections! You are so young, how do you manage to take important decisions on foreign policy which is so important for any country, especially Pakistan.
HRK: It is easy, I have an 'Army' of advisers to help in politics work.
R: We hope that this bilateral exchange between our countries continues in the right direction and we get to see you in India more often. Till then, true to your name, memories of your first visit will keep on dyeing our thoughts. 

The psychopath is left scratching head trying to discover diplomacy in this designer discussion.

Curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment