Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C for Cricket

C for Cricket

C stands for Cricket, Cricket the game, not the insect,
It is this cricket the Games Biologist is going to dissect.

A creature from the kingdom Games, class OutDoors,
Family TeamGame, species Cricket, races as per overs.

With limbs of bat, ball, stumps and a few more prosthetics,
It has power to bend, twist and kill all the laws of kinetics.

Endowed with the best survival tactics called suspense,
It always emerges winner as speculation remains intense.

Interaction with man results in very dangerous situations,
As the fans go crazy, both the losers and the champions.

Now is time for the very first match of the summer season,
And the Biologist tunes to it with an ostensibly valid reason.


4 comments:

  1. Just stopping in from the A to Z Challenge to say hello

    Happy A to Z!
    baygirl32.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're writing a poem a day for the A to Z challenge? See, that's way more ambitious than I was LOL Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I've never seen a Cricket game. It sounds like a fun sport I need to check out.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey baygirl32, thanks for stopping by :)

    Rhonda Parish, thanks for your wishes!
    And yes, that's what my intention is, if you can call these random lines poems :)

    Sylvia, thanks for visiting my blog and following it :)
    I love the Cricket game, it gives me many a nail-biting moments among other things. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete