Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

R for Roomie

R for ...


Photo Source Wikipedia


Roomie

Twelfth birthday came knocking at my door,
Brought me the teen years and a lot lot more,
In the form of my first real friend, a dear friend,
Who took me out of the simple land of books,
And made me worldly wise to traverse the maze,
Built of confusions and temptations of teenage.

I was a river tumbling down through the hills,
In the mood of destruction, always in spate,
You were the dam who held me down,
Changed my course and tapped my potential,
To nurture my thoughts with the restrained waters,
And brighten my soul with the generated power.

You were my audience, you were the critic,
Who complimented sincerely and censured honestly,
You were my microscope, you were the telescope,
To show me the perspectives beyond my limited sight,
You were my lighthouse, you were the ship,
To take me safely on the voyage of exciting discoveries.

Thanks to your tastes, I learnt to enjoy little luxuries,
Of music, poems, flowers, rains, swings, crushes, beaches,
Your conviction gave strong wings to my lofty dreams,
And when I woke up, two years were gone, we had to part,
But by then you, who showed me how a friend should be,
Were my roomie, sharing space forever in the room of my heart.

1 comment: